Asia Cambodia Hotel Reviews Travel

Oasis Capsules: The new hip hostel in the heart of Siem Reap

Cambodia has become a top travel destination for those making their way through South East Asia. Before counting down the days until you’re lying on the beach of Koh Rong, or exploring the temples of Angkor Wat, there’s a lot to get done. The first (and what should be the most important) is to get your accommodations sorted.

Pub Street – Siem Reap

There are many factors to consider when choosing your home for the next however many days. Some of those items include price, location, noise control, and in the case of the sweltering South East Asian heat, air conditioning!

Well, there’s a hostel that checks ‘yes’ to all of the above… and guess what? It’s in the centre of Siem Reap, just steps away from all the markets, bars and restaurants!

Introducing… Oasis Capsules Hostel!

Oasis Capsules, which will soon celebrate its first birthday in June, gets its name from the private ‘capsule’ sleep style that is becoming popular all over Asia. Rooms at Oasis Capsules are same sex or mixed and range from 2 to 12 beds.

When you first check in, you will be asked to remove your shoes and put them in a cubby in the front hall. This is a cultural custom in Asia and should be followed. Don’t worry; your shoes will be safe. If you have a pair of sandals for indoor use, you can put those on to walk around.

Staff members at Oasis Capsules are extremely friendly and can speak English. There’s always someone at the front desk if you have any inquiries throughout your stay. If you need to book any tours, Oasis staff will call companies on your behalf and set it up for you.

The Rooms

The beds at Oasis Capsules are quite comfy and come with a plush pillow and blanket. Each capsule has a reading light and outlet plugs to charge your devices. The hostel even provides towels which is great if you forgot to pack your own. Each room has a private bathroom, with the shower over the sink. Again, this is typical for Asia and something you should get used to if you are traveling to more Asian countries.

Location is Key

When it comes to real estate, it’s all about location, location, location. Oasis Capsules is literally a hop, skip and a jump away from the hustle and bustle of Pub Street – the popular area known for its array of  restaurants, bars, pubs, street vendors, and shops.

Oasis Capsules is surrounded by tons of spas where you can relax for cheap (how can you say no to 60 minute foot massages for $8 USD?!).  If you need water, snacks or some beer, there’s a 24-hour mart just two buildings down from the hostel.

This Ain’t Your Average Party Hostel

So you’d think that being so close to Pub Street, Oasis Capsules would attract more of a party crowd. Surprisingly, that’s not the case! Oasis is a great place for those making a quick visit and that want a good night’s sleep. Even if you stay in the room closest to the front lobby, you’ll barely hear much because you’re nestled in a capsule-style bunk. But as always, come prepared with some ear plugs in case you have an early riser in the room needing to head out at dawn.

Work /Social Space

Relax at the Sky Lounge on the 4th floor

If you need a break from the busy Pub Street, or to change scenery from your usual capsule life you’ve been living, head on up to the fourth floor and chill at the SkyLounge. The comfortable open space is decorated with floor pillows and bean bag chairs where you can relax, have some food or drink from the bar, get work done, or make new friends. The space also has floor to ceiling windows which brings in plenty of natural light. It makes for a great view to people watch from above!

If you’re soon heading out to Cambodia and want a quiet yet lively atmosphere where you will meet like-minded travelers, consider Oasis Capsules Hostel as your choice for accommodation. Check out their website to book your stay now.

Disclaimer

This post was made in exchange for a two-night complementary stay at Oasis Capsules Hostel. As always, opinions are my own.

(Main photo: Oasis Capsules website)

Elena
    May 1, 2017 at 11:11 am

I am looking forward to experiencing capsule hostels! They look cozy and I love the travel-related writings on the walls!

May 21, 2017 at 2:27 am

I loved the travel writings on the wall, too!

Prerna_Malhan
    April 30, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Thanks for introducing us to Hotel Capsule! We have been in the planning phase for our trip to Cambodia and this will come in handy!

sherianne
    April 29, 2017 at 1:22 pm

There comes a point in life when Hostels are not an attractive option (I’m past that point) BUT I think I could stay here! It’s just a few steps up to the top bunk and the capsule gives a bit of privacy. More hostels should do this!

ourlittletravelbook
    April 28, 2017 at 7:14 pm

ah amazing concept, i need to explore this too, maybe next time i visit

Carol from Wayfaring Views
    April 28, 2017 at 6:50 pm

The capsules look much more sturdy and comfortable than the typical bunk bed.

Chris
    April 28, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Looks great. Cambodia comes frequently in my mind lately. Maybe….

Jay
    April 19, 2017 at 1:09 pm

You make me want to pack a bag and just go anywhere!

April 20, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Do it!! The world is your oyster!

The Soul of Seoul
    April 17, 2017 at 1:12 pm

This is great! What a nice capsule hotel of sorts. I’ve always wondered what it’d be like to sleep in one but the ones I saw in Japan were only for men. Now that I have a baby, I doubt I’ll be trying one anytime soon but these are so chic.

April 17, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I heard the ones in Japan were only for men too…but I also stayed in one in Japan and I think that was a several years ago that it was men only.

Star Lengas
    April 17, 2017 at 8:38 am

Capsule hotels look so cute! I love the text on the walls, must be very inspiring to wake up to. Definitely suggest this to my backpacker friends, their gonna love that rooftop space.

April 17, 2017 at 5:45 pm

I love the quotes all over the walls too. Very inspiring!

ravenoustravellers
    April 17, 2017 at 3:49 am

I’ve always wanted to try out a capsule hotel they look so cool! Looks like they are becoming more and more popular, this one sounds perfect for the price! Thanks for the recommendation!

April 17, 2017 at 5:46 pm

You should try a capsule style hostel!

Rocio Cadena
    April 17, 2017 at 1:27 am

What a beautiful place! The hostel seems hip indeed! I really dig the color of the rooms, it reminds me of the ever popular ‘Millennial Pink’ phenomenon. I’ve yet to visit Cambodia but I may consider staying here when I do venture to that area. Thanks for writing such a detailed and well covered post on this lovely place!

April 17, 2017 at 5:46 pm

I loved the colours of each room too. I was in one that was pink 🙂 Hope you can make it to Cambodia sometime soon. It’s a very interesting place.

Hedgers Abroad
    April 17, 2017 at 1:16 am

We loved Siem Reap, but really loved staying ten or fifteen minutes away from Pub Street for the peace and quiet. I’m surprised you described this place as being so comfortable and safe, because I’d be concerned just bby looking at the location and size of “rooms.” Now that I consider it, I never felt unsafe in Cambodia, and for a solo traveler this would be perfectly suitable. I’m always suspect of the safety of my belongings, though, especially when packing camera equipment and computers. For anyone packing light and traveling alone, this looks perfect.

April 17, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Each room has a place to store your valuables. So while I was out, I would keep them locked up.

Alla Ponomareva
    April 16, 2017 at 9:18 am

I think I would shy away from staying so close to Pub Street in Siem Reap, but it sounds like this hostel is a safe bet for those who like privacy but a quirky atmosphere. I’ve never stayed in a capsule hotel and always wondered if they’d feel claustrophobic or cozy…

April 17, 2017 at 5:49 pm

It was super cozy. And quiet, too!

Travel with Karla
    April 16, 2017 at 5:52 am

Capsule hostels are really suitable for budget travelers, especially those who are petite! The location of the oasis capsule hotel sounds perfect. I’ll definitely consider this when I go to Cambodia.

April 17, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Yes it’s a great place for people who are traveling on a dime. I’m pretty tall (with long legs!) and it was a good space for me.

Teesh Osita
    April 13, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Not the biggest fan of hostels, but I like reading about ones that are not noisy! 🙂

April 17, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I’m usually not the biggest fan either but this one was great!

jenruizwriter
    April 13, 2017 at 12:35 am

I love the spas nearby and the social space looks so relaxing. Thanks for the recommendation!

April 17, 2017 at 5:51 pm

I loved that it was surrounded by spas and lots of restaurants too!

Paroma Chakravarty
    April 12, 2017 at 11:55 pm

Definitely have to try one out!

April 17, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I hope you can someday, too!

tracystravels10
    April 12, 2017 at 8:03 pm

The capsule hostel looks like a great place to stay – will share your post with my daughter who is heading there in a few months as it would definitely appeal to her!

April 17, 2017 at 5:54 pm

That’s great! I think your daughter will like it, if she’s alone or with her friend(s).

Boarding Call
    April 12, 2017 at 7:14 pm

I typically avoid hostels but I can definitely appreciate this one! No partying, seems like you can actually sleep here – more hostels should be like that!

April 17, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I know right? I was happy about the noise control at this place!

Marge Gavan
    April 12, 2017 at 7:07 pm

It’s a good thing that it is not a party hostel. I hate party hostels, I don’t like people making noise in the middle of the night ruining a good night’s sleep. I like that the hostel has a working space too. Pretty neat. And close to Pub Street so I must agree, it’s in a very good location.

April 17, 2017 at 6:04 pm

This hostel is so great! I love that it isn’t noisy and the space upstairs is lovely, too!

VivaLaCassy
    April 12, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Looks like a standard place to stay in Siem Reap. Congratulations on your complimentary 2 night stay.

April 18, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Thank you!

Chloé Arnold (@ChloeBArnold)
    April 12, 2017 at 6:28 pm

I LOVE Siem Reap! I didn’t stay at this hotel, but the location does look great! And I love places with shared work space- you always meet the most incredible people!

April 18, 2017 at 6:07 pm

I really liked Siem Reap too. And I love meeting people along my travels.

Any Place But Home
    April 12, 2017 at 6:27 pm

I’ll keep this place in mind for when we visit Cambodia. Sounds like the perfect location and rooms look great.

April 18, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Glad I could make this a reference for your future travels!

Ufuoma
    April 12, 2017 at 6:07 pm

That’s a cute little space. Love the pink colored sheets. Super girly and cute!

April 18, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Actually the sheets are white, but the colours reflecting off the walls make it look pink! hehe

skohl967
    April 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Wow those photos are amazing! Truth be told I’ve always been a little afraid of hostels, but now I badly want to check this one out. Those rooms look better than most of the hotels I’ve stayed in!!

April 18, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I was a little afraid of hostels too. But after staying here, they aren’t so bad!

abcdefghizzy
    April 12, 2017 at 3:47 am

I still need to try a Capsule Hotel! Looks like capsule bug is spreading all throughout this region! I really love the spaciousness of the sky lounge, its good they have a open and bright common room when the sleeping quarters are so small! Awesome that the walls in the capsules have quotes stamped on them! I love it!

April 18, 2017 at 6:14 pm

I love the travel inspired quotes on the walls, too!

Brian Dye
    April 12, 2017 at 12:40 am

This looks like fun and I so want to try it, but… much like in Japan I don’t think a capsule will quite accommodate me lol. Cambodia is such an amazing country. I need to go back! It’s probably changed a lot in ten years. I do want to give a capsule a chance, maybe a one night stay would be fun.

April 18, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Hopefully you can stay at a capsule hostel some time soon! There are some that are very spacious. Oasis was a good size and not stuffy!

nycgingeronthego
    April 11, 2017 at 10:41 pm

i’m heading to Cambodia in a month and haven’t even started my hotel search. I am so excited to visit and hoping to find an affordable and peaceful place to stay while there. This looks great!

April 18, 2017 at 6:51 pm

That’s awesome! Hope you can stay here while you’re in Siem Reap!

Thelittlelai: Beyond limits
    April 11, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Wow, this is such a cool place to stay in Cambodia. I’ve never been to Cambodia yet, but I’m really planning to visit this country very soon. This will surely be into my consideration for a future reference. Thank you so much for sharing about this one. Very well written and your photos really speak a lot about this cool Hostel.

April 18, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Thanks for your kind words. Hope you have a great time in Cambodia, whenever you go!

AuthenticTravels
    April 11, 2017 at 6:15 am

I liked very much the text that you were seeing when laying in your bed. And the location seems great too. It is very important to find a good accommodation in such a place and it seems that Siem Reap does everything right. I’ll check it if I go there.

April 18, 2017 at 7:07 pm

The writings on the wall were very inspiring! Siem Reap is a great place!

Nicole Anderson
    April 10, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I used to live in Cambodia for a while and this place didn’t exist then. Looking at the photos and reading through your write up, it certainly does look like a very good standard and safe place to stay. I also love the location which is so important when you aren’t going to be there for a long time.

April 18, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Wow living in Cambodia would be quite the experience. How long were you there for?