Asia Bucket List Korea KoREAL Deal

The KoREAL Deal: Boseong Green Tea Field

As much as I love the city, I look forward to escaping the craziness. Recently I ventured three and half hours (by bus) to one of the most beautiful nature spots in Korea. I present to you the next installment of the KoREAL Deal series: Daehan Dawon Tourist Tea Plantation (대한다원). Foreigners in Korea know it better as the Boseong Green Tea Field.

This place has been on my ‘Korea Bucket List’ for quite some time now and when I saw I had a free Saturday AND the weather forecast looked promising, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to go check it out!

The Green Tea Field is Korea’s one and only organic green tea farms that are open to the public. Considering it’s a big tourist attraction to both locals and foreigners, you would think that the farm would be really busy. Luckily on our visit, it wasn’t packed at all! People were coming and going at all times throughout the day so walking through the fields felt like you had the place to yourself.

This view though!

This view though!

At the Green Tea Field, you can climb the high hills to get a great view of the entire farm; watch the farmers at work; and even pick, brew and taste the tea yourself (pending availability). The Green Tea Field has been the location for many Korean dramas and commercials and I can see why! This place is absolutely breathtaking and a great spot to capture picture-perfect moments.

Before entering the grounds, there’s a Korean restaurant with green tea infused everything! We stopped at the and ate noodles and bibimbap – both green tea flavoured. It was delicious and satisfying!

Delicious green tea infused Korean lunch

Delicious green tea infused Korean lunch

From Busan to Boseong

There are many ways to get to Boseong. This is the best route for the best price, in my opinion.

Depart from: Sasang Bus Terminal (Seobu)
Length of ride: approx. 4 hours
Price: 19,000 KRW
Where to purchase a ticket: At the bus terminal or online (Note: This site is only in Korean so you will have to translate).

The buses leave at various times (the earliest starting at 6:00am). We took the 7:00am bus, since we had a 4 hour journey and wanted to get lots of exploring time in. Once you arrive at the Boseong Intercity Bus Terminal, you can take a short taxi ride to the field (~10,000 KRW).

From Boseong to Busan

Depart from: Boseong Train Station
Length of ride: approx. 4.5 hours
Price: 28,600 KRW
Where to purchase a ticket: Online (search Boseong and Busan for departure and arrival).

The S-train departs only once a day (5:00pm) and arrives into Busan Station around 9:30pm. I LOVED the S-train and would take it again in a heart-beat. Although it’s slower than a KTX (high-speed) train, the seats were hella comfy and each seat had an electrical plug!

The walk-about was leisurely, however you can break a sweat from walking up the steep hill to the top. Plus, there is no shade in the fields so it can get hot, hot, hot. Make sure to lather on the sunscreen.

Long walk to the top!

Long walk to the top and the only source of shade!

I’m so happy I got to see Boseong and tick it off my Korea bucket list. If you are visiting Korea, I highly recommend taking a day trip to the Boseong Green Tea Field!

Don’t forget to pick up some green tea (and green tea flavoured chocolates!) and their famous green tea ice cream!!!

Boseong Green Tea Field is the KoREAL Deal!

Information

Boseong Green Tea Field is open all year round.

Hours:
Summer (March-Aug) 9:00am – 7:00pm
Winter (Sept-April) 9:00am – 6:00pm

Admission Fee:
Adults 4,000 KRW / Children & Seniors 3,000 KRW

Have you been to the Boseong Green Tea Plantation before? Have you tried green tea ice cream? (Confession: it was my first time eating this flavour!) If you like this post, pin it on Pinterest!

KOREAL

**The KoREAL Deal is a review series on the Expat and the City blog, showcasing the best of Korea. Stay tuned for more highlights! If you have a product or place you want me to review, send me an email at info@expatandthecityblog.com and I’ll give it my KoREAL Deal seal of approval!**

February 1, 2017 at 7:56 am

When the weather gets warmer and I definitely heading out to these! Green tea is like… one of my favorite things in the world and I was dying of happiness in the tea fields in Jeju haha.

February 1, 2017 at 10:19 am

Yessss make a trip down to Boseong. You won’t be disappointed! It was my first time trying green tea ice cream, too!

Sydney Fashion Hunter
    October 18, 2016 at 7:02 am

Visiting Korea is probably a way off for me but I will definitely keep this in mind. Yes that view is amazing! I’m not a tea drinker but I would be prepared to give the green tea restaurant a go for something different.

October 19, 2016 at 11:13 am

I’m not a huge tea drinker either but I’m starting to become more of one. The green tea ice cream though…mm mm mmmmm!

Bea De Guzman
    October 18, 2016 at 3:31 am

I love the suburbs of South Korea. They had the greatest nature spots. Boseong is a little far given that it’s 4 hours from Busan. But it’s worth it especially to me because I love green tea! I’m amazed that they have a train. They’re so advanced.

October 19, 2016 at 11:14 am

Yes I know that it is kind of far from Busan but it was the perfect day trip!

Stargazer Writes
    October 17, 2016 at 11:57 pm

South Korea is a beautiful country and your pictures are proof of her majesty. I think if I am going to live there for quite some time, I would also have nicer skin and maybe shed some pounds. I feel like everything that we eat there is healthy. lol.

The green tea ice cream looks delicious. I wanna try it too.

October 19, 2016 at 11:15 am

South Korea is a beautiful country, you’re right. Not everything is healthy here… but I found that I’ve maintained a healthy weight since being here. And my hair has grown longer…I don’t know if it’s the water!

Michi (@michisolee)
    October 17, 2016 at 11:41 pm

South Korea is on my bucket list for quite some time and hopefully someday I can cross it out. First time to know about Boseong Green Tea Field, I have no idea that there is a tea plantation there. But if ever we will visit SoKor, I’m not sure if I can include this in my itinerary because I have a son in tow. My son prefers theme parks, museums and zoos. 🙂

October 19, 2016 at 11:15 am

Awesome! I hope you get to visit South Korea soon!

Orana Creative (@CLFAdventure)
    October 17, 2016 at 5:52 pm

I love tea plantations! I had never seen one before coming to Sri Lanka and I have totally fallen in love! What I have totally learned in those places is to use an umbrella for the sun, sunblock isn’t enough. I know nothing about what Korea is like and I really enjoyed reading your article, thanks!

October 19, 2016 at 11:18 am

Thanks for your kind words. It’s my first tea plantation! I bet the ones in Sri Lanka are quite beautiful, too.

Joanna
    October 17, 2016 at 5:41 pm

It’s been one of my bucket list items to visit a tea plantation. That green tea ice cream sounds delicious! And I had no idea that there is green tea chocolate either. I would love to walk around the fields and feel the aroma of the tea leaves. I had no idea that Korea grows tea.

October 19, 2016 at 11:19 am

Boseong is one of the famous tea plantations in Korea…if not the world. A very popular site for tourists. And yes they have green tea chocolate and it’s amazing!

Bernadette Angelie Pangilinan
    October 17, 2016 at 4:13 pm

I get it, the scenery is beautiful! But the restaurant you’re talking about is what I am all about. I love green tea and green tea infused everything is like music to my ears! I am definitely trying that out someday! 🙂

October 19, 2016 at 11:21 am

Awesome! It was my first time eating green tea ice cream! I was in love!

Maaya Legaspi (@ayawillgoplaces)
    October 17, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Waaah.. I love everything that has green tea in it! I love how the restaurant serves different kinds of food that is green tea flavored. The ice cream looks really yummy too! I will definitely include this in my Seoul itinerary.

October 19, 2016 at 11:22 am

I really liked the green tea infused food, too!

Amae Guerrero
    October 17, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Woah! Goals ❤❤❤i love tea too. Your photos are enticing. Really looking forward to visit Korea. I hope to see you there and tour me around hehe

Xo,
    Amae

October 19, 2016 at 11:22 am

Aww thank you! I will sadly be leaving Korea within the next five months. On to something new!

Amae Guerrero
        October 19, 2016 at 11:40 am

I hope you had a great time! Are you there for work?

October 20, 2016 at 5:02 am

Yes I am 🙂 I work as an English teacher in the second largest city in Korea — called Busan.

Mommy Queenelizabeth
    October 17, 2016 at 11:30 am

The place looks very relaxing! Lush greens and fresh air seems to be very inviting. I would love to have a picnic under the tree. Will that be allowed? It was picturesque! And i would love to do photoshoots for personalized postcards on that luxurious green green grass! 🙂

October 19, 2016 at 11:23 am

I’m not too sure if you can have a picnic out in the fields. It’s quite hard to sit down within the bushes. There are designated seating areas at the bottom before walking up the steps into the fields though. You can certainly have many photoshoots, though!

Thelittlelai: Beyond limits
    October 17, 2016 at 6:47 am

Wow, You’re just to lucky to have experienced being clothed with a wide field of green tea. I always love tea and it is already in my nature to drink one cup before going to bed. I didn’t know korea has this wide field of green tea, I should’ve research more about the green tea I’m drinking. Thank you for touring us around.

October 19, 2016 at 11:28 am

You’re very welcome! I love green tea now..it’s so soothing. But does it have caffeine?? I don’t know about drinking it before bed, unless it’s decaffeinated.

Ryan Biddulph
    September 5, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Hi Samantha,

That walk up the stairs looks intense.

We’ve done a few of those during our travels. Little shade, lots of heat, drink that water!

Thanks for sharing.

Ryan

September 6, 2016 at 4:37 am

It was slightly intense but I’ve done more strenuous hikes & climbs. Thanks for coming by my page! I’ll be sure to check yours out, too 🙂

sher
    July 6, 2016 at 5:55 pm

oh wow! that must be so fun to live in korea full time. do you teach english?

i would love to see a green tea field in person. what a cool activity – thanks for all the inspiring photos!

Sher

July 7, 2016 at 3:56 am

Yes I teach English in South Korea and it’s been great! There’s so much to explore in Korea and around Asia. I hope you can visit a tea plantation some day. It truly is beautiful!

Carmen's Luxury Travel
    July 6, 2016 at 7:45 am

Yes, please! I’d love to visit. Thanks for posting and happy travels 🙂

July 7, 2016 at 3:55 am

Thanks, Carmen!

Lauren Meshkin @BonVoyageLauren
    July 5, 2016 at 2:59 am

South Korea is high up on my list! Great post, thanks for sharing 🙂

July 5, 2016 at 7:04 am

You’re welcome! You can visit my blog for more things Korea! I’ll be posting more articles soon! 🙂

Tom
    July 4, 2016 at 9:47 pm

This place looks great! I love exploring the places outside of cities, they are usually the most interesting places to go!

July 5, 2016 at 7:04 am

I totally agree! I love the hidden gems 🙂

Elisa
    July 4, 2016 at 7:50 pm

It looks like the perfect plan for a nice WE if you are around! Nice surprises this Korea . . . 😉

July 5, 2016 at 7:03 am

It’s a great Saturday getaway!

Rebecca
    July 3, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Beautiful scenery! And green tea is so good for you. It’s great that it is infused into everything. I’d love to try the chocolate and ice cream. 🙂

July 4, 2016 at 1:36 am

Yes green tea is amazing 🙂 the chocolate and ice cream were delicious!!

Rea
    July 3, 2016 at 7:23 pm

First of all: beautiful pics! I first saw tea plantations two years ago in India and I was amazed! Since then, I drink green tea almost every day and I love it! I would definitely love to visit this farm in Korea to capture some more amazing views 🙂

July 4, 2016 at 1:36 am

Thank you! I have grown to love green tea, too! It’s really hot right now so drinking it in the summer would make me even more hot. But I guess I could make a green iced tea or a smoothie or something! 🙂

Travelog with Jem
    July 3, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Amazing view! With all those trees, it looks to me like it’s going to be pretty awesome in autumn. I had just tasted a green tea infused ice cream and I loved it.

July 4, 2016 at 1:35 am

I would love to visit again in the autumn with all the different coloured trees!

Laura @ Sometime Traveller
    July 3, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Those views! I’m not a fan of green tea, but I would still go just to admire the scenery!

July 4, 2016 at 1:27 am

I don’t typically drink hot drinks (like tea…and I dislike coffee. I don’t drink it). But it was so beautiful to be in nature!

Helena
    June 28, 2016 at 4:51 pm

I wish I was there with you,incredible miss you xoxo

June 29, 2016 at 10:56 am

Helena, miss you all too! I think your next trip should be to Asia! You ladies would love it here!!!