Asia Cambodia Hotel Reviews

Hotel Review: La Residence Blanc D’Angkor, Cambodia

Angkor Wat at sunrise

On my expedition through South East Asia, I wanted a variety of accommodations – from living the dorm life in hostels to repping royalty status in boutique hotels. After scouring the net and hearing tales from numerous travel bloggers, Cambodia can offer up the best of both worlds.

My wonderful stay at Oasis Capsule Hostel – close to all the action at the popular Pub Street neighbourhood – had me thinking “could it get any better than this?” Oh yes, my friends, it can.

La Residence Blanc D’Angkor is everything you dreamed it would be, and more!

First Impressions

When my friend and I arrived to the hotel, which was a short $4 USD tuk-tuk ride away from Pub Street, I felt like I stepped into paradise. While walking through the perfectly groomed grounds to the front lobby, we were welcomed by the friendly staff – most of whom are local high school and college students. Check-in was a breeze and soon enough we were making our way to our deluxe double room.

The Room

Art work on the walls designed by local artists

Two things that I usually require from a hotel room is space… and air conditioning. The Deluxe Room (great for duo travelers!) is super spacious. There was enough room for our bags – plus a decent sized sliding closet. The king-size bed made for a comfortable and pleasant sleep; I never felt cramped while sharing with my adventure-mate!

Last name not quite, but it’s the thought that counts! hehe

Speaking of the bed… have you ever gone on vacation and the staff make the towels into cute designs? Well, at La Residence Blanc D’Angkor, they go beyond that! Upon entering, the bed was adorned with a welcome message made out of plants and beautiful local flowers. It was such a nice added touch and one that will make my stay a memorable one.

Now, onto the bathroom, which is bigger than some of the bedrooms I’ve lived in! The sink area has plenty of counter space to keep our toiletries within in reach and to get ready for the day. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower – they’re across from each other, which in theory sounds great when more than one person needs to use the facilities. However, the doors are glass so you could see right through to the shower. Besides the low privacy factor in the washroom, the shower size and water pressure makes up for it.

The Amenities

The hotel’s restaurant provides a variety of Khmer and Western cuisine that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Breakfast is buffet-style plus a la carte, as well as station where you can have your eggs just the way you like it.

Beautiful outdoor dining area

The restaurant has both indoor dining as well as an outdoor patio that is surrounded by a beautiful pond with huge koi fish. It makes for such a beautiful setting in the evening with the peaceful waterfall trickling in the background.

Can’t get much better than this!

Finally, the pièce de résistance – the stunning infinity-style pool that provided just the right amount of bliss at the perfect temperature. Although the hotel wasn’t packed with people, there are only about a handful of lounge chairs, so it’s best to head poolside in the A.M. We never had a problem claiming a chair, probably because many folks were exploring Angkor Wat. This only gave privacy and tranquility for a perfect day by the pool.

Overall Thoughts

I absolutely loved my stay at La Residence Blanc D’Angkor! I cannot get over how beautiful the property is. You can tell the management puts careful consideration into creating a relaxing oasis for their guests.

Some of the amazing staff at Residence Blanc (via Facebook).

My stay wouldn’t have been as amazing without the friendly hotel staff who were there to provide assistance with tuk-tuks and give recommendations on things to do and places to see. Their radiant smiles show just how much they care about bringing life and love back into their country that was once plagued by genocide.

I highly recommend this place – and would definitely stay here again. At a very reasonsable rate of $30 USD a night and up, La Residence Blanc is the perfect place for any type of traveler – because let’s face it, everybody needs a little R&R! To book your stay, visit the hotel’s reservation page here.

Disclaimer

This blog post was written in exchange for a complimentary stay at La Residence Blanc D’Angkor. As always, opinions are my own.

Carmen Edelson
    September 15, 2017 at 2:03 pm

What a lovely place! And it’s definitely the thought that counts, haha. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Aarti Kamath
    September 15, 2017 at 6:46 am

Seems good! I could use this as an option for an upcoming trip in 2018! … How was the food? Do you think they have enough options for the vegetarians? Also, did they have a spa?

eostories
    September 14, 2017 at 7:19 pm

The dining area in the garden is absolutely stunning and together with the lovely pool – totally won me! Such a great place to spend a few days at and the little message with the names is an adorable detail!

Chandrika
    September 14, 2017 at 5:19 pm

This is what I love about SE Asia. Value for money and service on point! I’ll definitely keep this hotel in mind for the future..

Raksha Rao
    September 14, 2017 at 4:46 pm

I stayed in a hostel when I went to Siem Reap and it was a bad one. Would love to stay here if I find myself here the next time!

Anna
    September 14, 2017 at 12:56 pm

The hotel looks so wonderful – what a great place to stay! I’ll add it to my shortlist for when I visit Cambodia

Foodie Flashpacker
    September 14, 2017 at 11:32 am

This place looks nice! I would definitely stay here. I’ll have to keep it in mind next time I’m in the area. I love Cambodia!

Jean
    September 14, 2017 at 4:21 am

Looks like a lovely hotel! My kinda place to relax and enjoy the serenity

briwonderingwandering
    September 13, 2017 at 5:35 pm

What a gorgeous hotel!! It looks like the definition of paradise – I also love the artwork on the walls!!

Angela @ Dang Travelers
    September 13, 2017 at 4:08 pm

I love the decor in that room! I dont know if I would leave LOL Sounds like a great stay for exploring the area!

Milana's Travels
    September 13, 2017 at 1:41 pm

What a gorgeous property! The outdoor area is so pretty. Cambodia is super high on my list and this looks like an awesome place to stay. Thanks for sharing!

Brianna
    September 13, 2017 at 1:34 pm

That outdoor dining area looks amazing! And the pool look nice too. The bed makes me want to curl up and nap right there!

Lara Dunning
    September 12, 2017 at 2:16 am

This sounds like a wonderful hotel, and the price is definitely right! I’m a sucker for outdoor dining settings, and I love theirs with water moats and plenty of plants. Thanks for sharing! I will keep this hotel in mind when I head that way!

elisaholaworld
    September 11, 2017 at 6:52 pm

You could not say it better, it looks like stepping into paradise! I would also appreciate the mix of khmer and western cuisine but the thing that sold me was, as always, the beautiful swimming pool. Good pick!

travelandtash
    September 11, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Looks great. I stayed at Memoire d’ Angkor which was a short distance from the Angkor Wat Museum. So many of the hotel features are similar, including swimming pool, luxury rooms, breakfast service and an onsite restaurant serving both western and local cuisine. I love Siem Reap, and reading your review makes me want to return! But, Philippines calls first.

yaswtanu
    September 11, 2017 at 1:40 pm

The dining area and the swimming pool look stunning.. simply exotic !!! And yes, Combodia has been on our bucketlist for some time.. 🙂

The Soul of Seoul
    September 11, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Dining with that pond and the koi around would be just lovely. What a stay. That welcome message on the bed is so cute too. Now that is fancy schmancy! I’d enjoy it too. ^^

Roxanna
    September 11, 2017 at 3:18 am

I really love the looks of this hotel. It has a nice Asian feeling, and it also looks quite comfortable. I really don’t like staying in hotels around the world that feel to Americanized, or chain like. I could enjoy staying there!

Matt Collamer
    September 11, 2017 at 2:21 am

Great Post! That really does look like a nice place. Awesome look yet still simple. The plants with the welcome message were certainly a nice touch. Nice post, and I dig the design of your site!

Rocio Cadena
    September 10, 2017 at 11:58 pm

Fancy fancy hotel! I like the aesthetic very much. And omg the welcome message written with leaves (?) is so extra but I love it simply because of that haha. It’ also great to hear the bed was comfy, that’s kinda the whole point of paying the extra cash for a hotel, right!? I like that you do a mixture of economical and luxury stays while traveling. I do believe balance is the key!

faegirl
    September 10, 2017 at 1:43 pm

I’m always amazed at the type of accommodations you can get in some places of Asia for such a low amount of money. The moat is awesome, as is the room! So big and airy looking.

Alla Ponomareva
    September 10, 2017 at 8:23 am

I was thinking: “What did she have to do to arrange the staff like that for a picture?” lol oh ok, it was a picture from their Facebook, lol. Either way, great place, a pool (thats not in the shade) is a must in Siem Reap, it gets toasty out there, my hotel’s pool was 1/4 the size of yours and was frigid cold. What is an infinity pool anyway? is that like where you keep swimming and the jets keep pushing you away so you never reach the other side?

Jennifer
    September 9, 2017 at 9:00 pm

This place is gorgeous! The details are so thoughtful (I wouldn’t want to get into bed with my name written out like that:) Love the dining area too.

TravellingDany
    September 9, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Aw the room looks spacious and stylish, I love it! Having a good bed is the most important thing when we travel!

Jackie
    September 8, 2017 at 8:14 pm

This looks beautiful!! I also love the welcome name!! It’s such a beautiful hotel to stay in! Btw, were there a lot of mosquitoes? Mosquitoes worry me, especially because of my young kids!

Brian Keith Dye
    September 7, 2017 at 7:02 am

This looks like a great stay. Beautiful surroundings combined with a clean comfy room sounds like the perfect getaway spot. The pool looks great but how was the actual food at the restaurant?

Teesh Osita
    September 6, 2017 at 3:51 am

Surprisingly, Cambodia has a lot of luxury hotels for less! When I was looking for a hotel when I went, the budget I set for a hotel got me a really nice luxury boutique hotel. It’s amazing. 🙂

wrpalomo
    September 4, 2017 at 11:07 pm

That’s a great stay made extra special designed with your name on it:-)… the outdoor patio is perfect for breakfast. my boys would love it there while watching the koi fish swimming around. though the swimming pool isn’t that big (or is it just the angle?), it’s good enough when there’s not enough tourist lounging and swimming.

Céline CLudik
    September 2, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I haven’t been to Cambodia yet. It’s still on my travel bucket list. Wow this place looks amazing ! I like the very spacious & uniquely decorated room which seems really comfortable (big bed, crisp white sheets, fluffy pillows)… and additionally a nice swimming pool to relax ! By the way, it looks like that you are the only person in there. Did you rent the place 😉

September 3, 2017 at 7:54 pm

You must go! It’s such a fascinating country and I learned so much about its history and culture on this trip. It does look like I’m the only person there right? I just got the right pictures at the right angle haha.

Al Kadam
    September 2, 2017 at 3:08 am

30 dollars for a room is a lot already for a budget traveller like me. but reading this post makes me want to splurge a little bit. i always dream of going back to Siem Reap and take better photos of the Ankor Wat. and next time ill do it more luxurious. 30 dollars is already luxurious for me hahaha. and the photos you shared shows an elegant place to stay. i will definitely check this place out when im back in Cambodia.

September 2, 2017 at 2:33 pm

I can understand that it could be on the pricier side for budget travelers. Maybe one night to get a taste of it would be good enough! hehe.

Meg
    September 2, 2017 at 2:04 am

Wonderful hotel! I love what they did, writing out your name on the bed. It definitely looks beautiful and worth remembering when we make it to Cambodia. Thanks!

September 2, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I thought it was such a nice touch!

forever roaming the world
    September 2, 2017 at 12:39 am

This is another world from the accommodation I stayed in while I was in Siem Reap. I stayed away from Pub Street (although I was there most nights) but the guesthouse was basic to say the least. A place like this would have been awesome to relax in after a day around Angkor Wat haha.

September 2, 2017 at 2:35 pm

It definitely was a great place to come back to after a day at Angkor Wat! It was pretty close to Pub Street, too.

Kyle Studstill
    August 30, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Love the moat in the dining area!